Student Parking Permits & Policies
McLean High School Parking Rules
The student parking areas are spaces with a white background. Staff parking spaces are numbered spaces with a yellow background. Under no circumstances shall a student park in a numbered space with a yellow background or a visitor space. Parking is not permitted in the gravel overflow lot. Being late to school is no excuse to park where you are not permitted to.
The cost of a parking permit is $200.00. (The cost of a parking permit decreases $50.00 per quarter.) Replacement of a lost permit will incur a $25.00 fee. Students may not park on school grounds without first obtaining a parking permit from the security office.
All students must park in designated student parking spaces. Safety zones and unmarked areas are not to be used for student parking. All cars parked in the stadium lot must move out of that lot by 3:15 pm. The lot is used after school by the band and drivers education.
The following infractions will result in a parking ticket, suspension of parking privileges and possible towing at the owner’s expense.
1. Leaving school grounds by any means. To include but not limited to, driving off, walking off or being a passenger in another car.
- 1st offense- 30 day suspension of parking privileges
- 2nd offense- permanent revocation of parking privileges without a refund of parking fees.
2. Parking in a non-designated student parking space
3. Going to your car during the school day
4. Transporting other students off school grounds
5. Parking tickets paid late will receive no consideration for a discount.
All Fairfax County Public School rules apply to the McLean High School parking lot.
I understand that while parked on school grounds my vehicle and its contents are subject to search by either school staff, members of any law enforcement agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia or the United States Government.
I have read and understand the above rules and policies. I agree to abide by them or risk being ticketed, towed, have my parking privileges suspended or disciplined by an administrator. The student will be quizzed on these rules when they pick up their permit.