Equity at McLean
McLean's Commitment to Equity - Teacher Video
McLean's School-Wide Equity Goal
From the 20-21 McLean High School School Improvement Plan:
"Staff demonstrates high expectations for student performance across all identity and cultural groups such as race, ethnicity, gender, language, or ability."
- Students who receive a D or an F in a core class during Q1 will receive a C or higher in those classes by the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Culturally Responsive survey data will improve by one full point by the end of Q4
- Students in traditionally marginalized groups will be analyzed specifically and will receive a C or higher in these classes by the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
McLean's Equity Team
The McLean Equity Team is comprised of over 60 staff members and 8 student representatives. The McLean Equity Team embraces the following FCPS Equity Goals:
- We commit to reach, challenge, and prepare every student for success in school and life.
- We commit to foster a responsive, caring, and inclusive culture where all feel valued, supported, and hopeful.
- Bias Awareness
- Book Club
- Inclusive Curriculum
- Relationship Building