Equity at McLean
Translate this page
McLean's Commitment to Equity - Teacher Video
McLean's School-Wide Equity Goal
From the 21-22 McLean High School School Improvement Plan:
"Staff demonstrates high expectations for student performance across all identity and cultural groups such as race, ethnicity, gender, language, or ability."
- Students who receive a D or an F in a core class during Q1 will receive a C or higher in those classes by the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Departments will meet in respective CTs to diversify one curriculum unit to reflect diverse perspectives.
- Participation by McLean staff in relationship building challenges will increase to 50% of total staff members.
- Performance data for students in traditionally marginalized groups will be analyzed specifically and interventions to support them will be implemented so they will receive a C or higher in all classes by the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
McLean's Equity Team
Equity Team Co-Chairs: Jenny Fernandez and Alison Phanthavong
The McLean Equity Team is comprised of over 60 staff members and 8 student representatives. The McLean Equity Team embraces the following FCPS Equity Goals:
- We commit to reach, challenge, and prepare every student for success in school and life.
- We commit to foster a responsive, caring, and inclusive culture where all feel valued, supported, and hopeful.
Equity Team Areas of Focus and Subcommittees
- Bias Awareness
- Book Club
- Inclusive Curriculum
- Relationship Building