New Student Registration
Welcome to McLean High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Highlanders for the 2020-21 school year!
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to McLean High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to McLean High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who most previously attended Longfellow Middle School as an 8th-grader. Rising 9th-grade students who did attend Longfellow Middle School as an 8th-grade student do not need to enroll. The records automatically are transferred.
To join McLean High School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the McLean HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration form below. This form will be submitted to Mary Bartenfeld, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
Please submit this form in English.
New Student Registration Forms
- Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
- For more information, please visit our school's new student registration page.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or in Addition to English?
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.