New Student Registration
Translate this page
Welcome to McLean High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Highlanders!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to McLean High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to McLean High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who most previously attended Longfellow Middle School as an 8th-grader. Rising 9th-grade students who did attend Longfellow Middle School as 8th-grade student do not need to enroll. The records are automatically transferred.
To join McLean High School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the McLean HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Cindy Ramos, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process. Please double-check that you have entered the correct email address on the form, as you will be contacted via email regarding your student's registration.
If you have already begun the new student registration process with the school in a different way, there is no need to submit this form.
New Student Registration Forms
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.