Student Parking at McLean
Students must complete steps 1, 2 and 3 below to get a parking pass.
Step 1: Student Parking Application
- As of January 2021, McLean HS is accepting parking applications for the 20-21 school year. Please use the Google form below to submit your application. Please note: students must use their FCPS Google accounts to access the form.
- Parking Application 20-21
Step 2: Student Parking Permission Slip
McLean Parking Rules and Permission Slip
The student parking areas are spaces marked with a white background. Staff parking spaces are numbered spaces marked with a yellow background. Under no circumstances shall a student park in a numbered space with a yellow background or a space marked for visitors. Being late to school is NOT an excuse to park where you are not permitted to park.
Students may not park on school grounds without first obtaining a parking permit from the security office. The cost of a replacement permit will be $25.00.
All students must park in designated student parking spaces. Safety zones and unmarked areas are not to be used for student parking. All cars parked in the stadium lot must move out of that lot by 3:00 pm. The lot is used after school by the band and driver education classes.
The following infractions will result in a parking ticket, suspension of parking privileges and possible towing at the owner’s expense.
- Leaving school grounds by any means; this includes, but is not limited to, driving, walking or being a passenger in another car leaving school grounds.
- 1st offence- 30-day suspension of parking privileges
- 2nd offence- permanent revocation of parking privileges without a refund of parking fees.
- Parking in a non-designated student parking space
- Going to your car during the school day without permission from a McLean Security Staff member.
- Transporting other students off school grounds.
NOTE TO ALL PERMIT HOLDERS: Parking tickets paid late will receive no consideration for a discount.
All Fairfax County Public School rules apply to McLean High School parking lot.
I understand that while parked on school grounds my vehicle and its contents are subject to search by school staff.
I have read and understand the above rules and policies. I agree to abide by them or risk the following:
- My vehicle being ticket or towed at my expense
- My parking privileges suspended or revoked without refund of parking permit fees.
- Discipline by an administrator for any violation of FCPS and/or McLean High School rules.
The student will be quizzed on these rules when they pick up their permit.
Student Signature____________________ Parent Signature___________________
Step 3 - Pick up your Permit
- This year parking permits will be issued as students return to the building for in-person instruction.
- Members of the security staff will be set up at the rock entrance (door 9) to issue parking permits to those that have applied online 30 minutes prior to the start of school and during lunch periods.
- Seniors only will be issued parking permits the week of March 2nd.
- Juniors will be issued parking permits the week of March 9th.
Important Reminder: Please have your driver’s license and your signed Parking Permission Slip with you when picking up your permit.