MHS Senior College Packet
|Quick Guide||Junior Presentation|
MHS Class of 2023: College Planning Timeline
- Register for late Summer or Fall SAT and/or ACT tests. Read about test optional schools.
- Research colleges in Naviance Student and save colleges to Colleges I’m Thinking About.
- McLean Student Services YouTube Channel
- Consider touring colleges in person if possible. Some schools may have virtual options!
- Participate in the College Application Workshop Sessions August 2nd & 3rd.
- Reach out to 1-2 teachers before the end of the school year who you like to ask to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Complete the Parent & Student Questionnaires above by the first day of school.
- Many college applications are available on August 1. Begin preparing for the actual application process: draft application essays; collect writing samples; and assemble portfolios or audition tapes.
- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center if you hope to play Division I or II sports.
- Begin looking for scholarships on Naviance. Check out the FAFSA4caster to estimate your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Submit Transcript Request forms to Ms. Blalock at least 30 days in advance of college deadlines
- Complete & submit college applications - be aware of application and priority scholarship deadlines
- Fill out the FAFSA, which is available October 1, 2022 and apply for scholarships
- Ask 1 teacher NOT writing your recommendation letter to complete the Teacher Comment Form