Student Parking at McLean
McLean High School Parking Rules
The student parking areas are spaces marked with a white background. Staff parking spaces are numbered spaces marked with a yellow background. Under no circumstances shall a student park in a numbered space with a yellow background or a space marked for visitors. Parking is not permitted in the gravel overflow lot. Being late to school is NOT an excuse to park where you are not permitted to park.
The cost of a parking permit is $200.00. Replacement of a lost permit will incur a $25.00 fee. Students may not park on school grounds without first obtaining a parking permit from the security office.
All students must park in designated student parking spaces. Safety zones and unmarked areas are not to be used for student parking. All cars parked in the stadium lot must move out of that lot by 3:00 pm. The lot is used after school by the band and driver education classes.
The following infractions will result in a parking ticket, suspension of parking privileges and possible towing at the owner’s expense.
- Leaving school grounds by any means; this includes, but is not limited to, driving, walking or being a passenger in another car leaving school grounds.
* 1st offence- 30-day suspension of parking privileges
* 2nd offence- permanent revocation of parking privileges without a refund of parking fees.
- Parking in a non-designated student parking space
- Going to your car during the school day without permission from a McLean Security Staff member.
- Transporting other students off school grounds.
MSTA Parking: In addition to items 1-4 above, items 5-9 apply to students with this permit.
- A specially designated permit will be issued for parking in the McLean Swim and Tennis Association (MSTA) parking lot. Vehicles displaying this permit shall park in the MSTA lot and NOT on the main campus.
- Vehicles not displaying the special MSTA permit shall not park in the MSTA parking lot.
- The MSTA parking lot will be open on school days for students possessing the special MSTA parking permit at 7:30 am and closed at 3:30 pm.
- If you do not remove your car from the MSTA lot by 3:30 pm your car will be locked in and you won’t be able to retrieve it until 7:30 am the next day school is in session.
- If you damage MSTA property your permit may be revoked permanently with no refund and you will be responsible to pay for the damages. If you are found to leave trash in the MSTA parking lot, or the pathway to school, your parking permit will be suspended for 30 days for the first offence. A second offence will result in revocation of your parking permit with no refund of your parking permit fee.
NOTE TO ALL PERMIT HOLDERS: Parking tickets paid late will receive no consideration for a discount.
All Fairfax County Public School rules apply to McLean High School and the McLean Swim and Tennis Association (MSTA) parking lots.
CHECK WITH MR. SEKELY IN THE SECURITY OFFICE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF PARKING PERMITS.