About the Library
Translate this page
Check Out : Students type in their student ID number at the Circulation Desk. 3 books at a time may be checked out for 3 weeks. Books may be renewed for an additional 3 weeks. Students will be charged for lost books.
Holds : Students may place a Hold on a book that is currently checked out by logging into the Catalog using their FCPS Google log-in information.
Inter-Library Loan (ILL) : Students have the ability to search for books at any other FCPS locations, by changing the search location from "McLean High School" to "Fairfax County Public Schools Libraries". Contact one of the library staff for assistance in requesting a book from another location.
The library offers the following services:
- Research & citations assistance — books & online resources
- Recommendations for school assignments or personal reading
- Printer and copier available with a minimal charge
- Black & White : 10 cents per page
- Color : 25 cents to $1 per page
- Access to digital cameras and scanning services
- Office and art supplies available (markers, scissors, glue, etc.)
- Poster boards, in a variety of colors, are available for sale for 50 cents each
The MHS library has a variety of print & digital resources for your academic needs, as well as your personal enjoyment. The library has an extensive collection of nonfiction and fiction books, and a reference collection of general and specialized encyclopedias, dictionaries, atlases, and almanacs. The library subscribes to a variety of magazines. Library computers provide access to Microsoft Word/Office, Internet Explorer, Google Apps, advanced software applications, the library's databases, and the online catalog.
There is a Silent Room for independent study.
Online resources are available at home/off campus. Access information is available by logging on to your FCPS Schoology account. Access the "McLean High School Library" Course and scroll down to the "McLean HS Databases & Passwords" folder.
Expectations for the McLean Library
The library is a place for quiet reading, studying, and homework. Guided student collaboration is welcome. Students are expected to:
- Talk quietly
- Leave food, candy, and drinks outside
- Only use cell phones for activities other than phone calls
- Use computers only for school work while following the Acceptable Use Policy
McLean Library Staff
- Joan McCarthy, Head Librarian | Phone: 703-714-5781 | Email: [email protected]
- Morgan Popma, Librarian | Phone: 703-714-5782 | Email: [email protected]
- Aniki Kong, Library Assistant | Phone: 703-714-5780 | Email: [email protected]